The U14 (Year 7 and 8) and U16 (Year 9) girl’s took part in the Cardiff and Vale Knock out cup athletics A final after qualifying last week from the preliminary round.
The Under 16s competed against Plasmawr, Glantaf, Cardiff High, Llanishen, Whitchurch, Bro Morgannwg and Stanwell.
The very talented U16 team made up of all Year 9 pupils came fourth, which was a brilliant performance when considering most girls who beat the Cowbridgegirls were Year 10 pupils.
- 100m Tirion Evans 5th 14.43s
- 200m Jordan Meek 4th 28.25
- 300m Sophie Rees 7th 52.66
- 800m Jessica Wadey 1st 2mins 28
- 1500m Mali Howell 2nd 5min 25
- 4 x 100m (Ffion Mcnamee, India Maurice, Jessica Wadey and Jordan Meek) 1st 54.02
- 75m Hurdles 3rd Megan Hodgson 1st 12.89
- Long Jump Jessica Wadey 3rd 4m.08
- High Jump Megan Hodgson 5th 1m 35
- Shot Tirion Evans 1st 7m 52
- Discus Sarah Jones 5th 15m 45
- Javelin India Maurice 7th 15m 74
The U14s competed against Cardiff High, Glantaf, Radyr, Whitchurch, Plasmawr, Stanwell, Bro Morgannwg. The U14 team made up of Year 7 and 8 pupils did really well with so many inexperienced athletes, coming 5th overall.
- 100m Beth Edwards 5th 14.6
- 200m Hanna Dixon 3rd29.7
- 300m Charlotte Tudor 5th 48.37
- 800m Jessica Gregory 4th 2m 45
- 1500m Sophie Hawkins 4th 5m 39
- 4 x 100m (Saffron Maurice, Beth Edwards, Charlotte Tudor and Hannah Dixon) 5th 56.8
- 70m hurdles Saffron Maurice 3rd 12.4
- Long Jump Isobel Annetts 8th 3m53
- High Jump Saffron Maurice 5th 1m25
- Shot Amalie Clode 7th 6m28
- Discus Hollie Oakman 2nd 20m 34
- Javelin Emma Jones 7th 10m 62.
Well done to all the girls who competed. The next competition is sports day on July 2nd at Jenner Park.