Cardiff and Vale Athletics Runners up!
On the 30th June 2015, Cowbridge competed in the Cardiff and Vale Athletics ‘B’ Championship final.Having qualified for the event the previous week, the boys were raring to go and show their athletics ability.
It was a great afternoon of athletics, with some superb talent on show.All the Cardiff and Vale athletes were highlighting what a talented region this is, and showing the excellent work their respective teachers were doing with their pupils.
In regards to Cowbridge, the pupils were outstanding.All performed to the best of their ability, and were a credit to Cowbridge Comprehensive School.The results were as follows:
- Dan Stancombe – 2nd (100m)
- Benji Williams – 7th (200m) and 3rd (Shot Put)
- Ethan White – 5th (300m)
- Iestyn Galton – 1st (800m) and 8th (Discus)
- Will O’Connor – 2nd (1,500m)
- Jake Thomas – 1st (75m Hurdles)
- George Oguh – 1st (Long Jump)
- Edward Thomas – 1st (Triple Jump)
- Oliver Wong – 3rd (Javelin)
Due to their impressive individual performances, Cowbridge finished 2nd behind Eastern High by just 7 points, and without disqualification in the relay, it might have been a different story.
Well done to all that participated!