Knock out Cup Preliminary Round
The U14 (Year 7 and 8) and U16 (Year 9) girl’s athletic teams took part in the Knock out Cup preliminary round of the Cardiff and Vale Knock out Cup.
Each pupil is only allowed a maximum of one track and one field event. It is a team competition, so in each event the team need the highest amount of points. In Cowbridge’s preliminary round they competed against Whitchurch, Mary Immaculate, Corpus Christi, Llanishen , St Cyres and Fitzalan. Bro Edern were also in the U14 competition. The first two teams qualified for the A Cup final and the third and fourth position the B Cup final. The finals will be held on Wednesday 17th June.
The very talented U16 team made up of all year 9 pupils came first winning eight of the 12 events.
- 100m Tirion Evans 3rd 13.7s
- 200m Jordan meek 1st 27.9
- 300m Ffion Mcnamee 1st 50.1
- 800m Jessica Wadey 1st 2mins 34
- 1500m Mali Howell 1st 5min 31.4
- 4 x 100m (Ffion Mcnamee, India Maurice, Jessica Wadey and Jordan Meek) 1st 57.2
- 75m Hurdles 1st Megan Hodgson 1st 12.9
- Long Jump Jessica Wadey 2nd 3m86
- High Jump Megan Hodgson 1st 1m45
- Shot Tirion Evans 1st 7m47
- Discus Sarah Jones 4th 16m44
- Javelin India Maurice 2nd 23m14
The U14 team made up of year 7 and 8 pupils did really well with so many inexperienced athletes, coming 2nd overall behind Whitchurch.
- 100m Beth Edwards 2nd 13.7
- 200m Hanna Dixon 2nd 29.4
- 300m Charlotte Tudor 1st 47.8
- 800m Jessica Gregory 4th £.00.1
- 1500m Sophie Hawkins 2nd 5.56.0
- 4 x 100m (Saffron Maurice, Beth Edwards, Charlotte Tudor and Hannah Dixon) 1st 56.4
- 70m hurdles Saffron Maurice 2nd 11.8
- Long Jump Isobel Annetts 4th 3m39
- High Jump Saffron Maurice 3rd 1m25
- Shot Amalie Clode 4th 6m01
- Discus Hollie Oakman1st 20m27
- Javelin Emma Jones 5th 13m16.
Good luck to all the girls competing in the Cup finals next week.