Under 15 Athletics Championship
Megan Hodgson breaks the championship best performance.
Cowbridge took part in the Under 15 Cardiff and Vale Championships at Leckwith Stadium. There were many good performances from the girls, noticeably Megan Hodgson in the Pole Vault who won with a new personal best jump of 3m05 with a championship best performance. Jessica Wadey also won the 800m with a time of 2minutes 24.71. There were second places for Jordan Meek in the 300m final with 45.89s and Tirion Evans in the Pole Vault with 2m80, which equals her personal best.
Other results were
- 100m Bethan Edwards 6th in heat 2 with a time of 14.3s
- 200m Ffion Mcnamee 5th in heat 3 with 31.4s and Charlotte Tudor 4th in heat 2 with 31.75s
- 300m Jessica Wadey was only allowed to take part in the heat as she did not compete in the preliminary round due to other commitments, with her time of 45.34s she would have won the final. Sophie Rees came 4th in her heat 53.71.
- 800m Meriel Clode came 9th with 2min 45 and Emily Jenkins 13th in 2min 49.
- 1500m Mali Howell came 5th in 5min 22 and Sophie Hawkins 7th in 5min 38
- 75m hurdles Eve Mordecai came 4th in the final with 13.8s and Helena Mccormack was 8th in the final with 15.1s
- 1.5km walk Lauren Skeet came 3rd with a time of 10min 19 and India Maurice 5th in 10min31.
- The relay squad of Tirion Evans, Jessica Wadey, Bethan Edwards and Jordan Meek came 6th in the final.
- High jump Jordan Meek came 9th overall with a clearance of 1m35 and Sophie Rees 16th with 1m25.
- Long jump Ffion Mcnamee 9th with a jump of 3m 67
- Shot Hollie Oakmancame 13th with a throw of 6m68 and Sarah Jones 16th with 6m 62
- Discus Hollie Oakman came 7th with a distance of 17m27
- Javelin Tirion Evans came 15th with a throw of 12m94
- Hammer Sarah Jones competing for her first time and first time she had ever thrown the hammer came 5th with a throw of 15m13.
Well done to all the girls who competed, an excellent performance by you all.