The Sir Thomas Mansel Franklen Trust is constituted under a trust deed dated 9 March 1983 and is a registered charity number 525559.
The objects of the charity are to provide for Cowbridge Comprehensive School special benefits of any kind not normally provided by the local education authority and promoting the education, including social and physical training, of persons who are or were pupils at Cowbridge Comprehensive and who are in need of financial assistance. The charity is open to all pupils in line with its charitable objects.
Applications For Grants
The objects of the Charity include the provision of education to persons who, firstly, are or were pupils of Cowbridge Comprehensive School and, secondly, are in need of financial assistance. In this respect, “education” includes social and physical training. These notes are designed to assist those considering an application within this category.
Each year the trustees will budget for the allocation of estimated available funds between
- The funding of projects within the School
- The promotion of skills, education and training through individual and collective applications
- Support for disadvantaged pupils and/or those in need of financial assistance in order to pursue their education
- Management of the Charity
Applicants should therefore appreciate that the sums available for particular categories of grant will necessarily vary from year to year.
Applicants should complete the attached form and submit it by email. The trustees will consider applications on a regular basis. It will assist if applicants could
- Outline the project/activity which is the subject of the application
- Explain how a grant would contribute towards the applicant’s ability to partake in the project/activity
- Explain how the applicant expects to gain from participation in the project/activity
It should be noted that requests for financial support towards higher education living and course costs at the present time are unlikely to qualify for a grant.
A copy of the application form can be downloaded here in word format:
Please email your completed form and supporting documents to: email@example.com marked FAO The Chair of the TMF Trust.
Other Charitable Organisations
Please click the link below to download details of other charity organisations that may be able to assist with financial support.