The School Council is a body of students, with one male and one female representative from each year group, which meets twice on a half termly basis. The committee provides a meaningful way for students to voice their opinions, representing the views of all the pupils at CCS. Not only are these views taken into account in decisions which impact upon them, but the School Council also provides the students with an opportunity to generate new ideas to assist with the continuous improvement of the school. One major improvement has been how pupil voice has helped to produce the Proactive School Community Project. The Head Boy and Head Girl then takes forward these initiatives and proposals to the school governing body meetings to allow strategic planning and action.
School Council Members
School Council Members 2019-20
You Said, We Did- What we have achieved.
Estyn report 2019- School Council and the Proactive School Community project
The Proactive School Community Project - Pupil Voice in action.
How to apply to run an event at CCS through the School Council
1. Contact Mrs Taylor-John (Come along to E2D or email email@example.com) about speaking at a School Council meeting about your proposed event or project. You will be emailed the date of the next School Council meeting.
2. The School Council will then need to approve the event or project before the event goes ahead. This may be done verbally in the School Council meeting or through an email from Mrs Taylor-John.
3. If approved, book a planning meeting for your event or project with Mrs Taylor-John.
4. Begin setting in place the plans drawn up from the meeting above. This may include meeting with other members of staff or students.
5. Book a final meeting with Mrs Taylor-John just before your event or when the project starts. This is to check all points on the plan are met, so your event is successful.
Suggestion Box Responses
CCTV Link to School Council